Renault Duster grille

Any registered user can post in this forum
Den

Renault Duster grille

Postby Den » Wed May 29, 2013 9:18 am

Anyone want to sell me a RENAULT DUSTER chrome front grille with the Renault badge on it.
This is the same Duster as sold by Dacia but not in the UK where is has a Dacia grille and badge.
Or does anyone have an email address of an overseas supplier of the Duster. I have tried a couple of Indian co's but their email returns a failure warning in Outlook.. I own a 2013 Dacia Duster and want to simply change the grille to the Renault version.

chalky

Re: Renault Duster grille

Postby chalky » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:47 pm

I found a front Grille on E-bay in germany.
Ive posted the link below ......... hope its of some help.

Cheers. 8-)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270840447163? ... 1423.l2648

Den

Renault Duster grille

Postby Den » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:08 pm

Chalky many thanks for the contact/web address etc. Its what i was after and have made contact with them. Its very similar to the one i saw from abraod on the web . The ones i saw had three chrome bars left to right with a Renault badge. It might just be that there is another part of one bar that goes across under the bit shown or, they havnt shown the other bit. Cant attach anything to this so cant show it but i sent it to the sellers address to ask....
Many thanks, it was exactly what i was after.
cheers, Den dennis_hough@hotmail.com

Den

Renault Duster grille

Postby Den » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:49 am

chalky wrote:I found a front Grille on E-bay in germany.
Ive posted the link below ......... hope its of some help.

Cheers. 8-)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270840447163? ... 1423.l2648

I went to the site and tried to buy one but there is a fault of some kind that stop me making a purchase. If you use the site and change from the German to the English version by clicking on the UK flag it doesnt work. I managed to find my way through the German and order it but on checking out it wouldnt show me the page to add credit card details.... I looked at their site and the video of how to add the new chrome bit and you have to completely remove all the front end which a is a concern. I tried to see if i could get the old part off but they made it to difficult without removing the entire front. So it looks like i wont be changing it over due to the size of the job.What a stupid way to build a car. Is it done on purpose to stop us changing this chrome bit over???

ROCAdmin
Site Admin

Postby ROCAdmin » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Probably but from experience someone will work around it, oddly South Africa has both RHD and Renault grills so maybe a 3rd option and the parts system shows both.

Den

Postby Den » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:06 pm

May still buy the new chrome front grill part with the Renault badge built in as i still prefer it to the Dacia one. I would then need to find a company that know how to take of the entire front which has the torx fixing screws in places where you can get to them without taking the front off. Is daft as it stop simple diy especially if you needed to change the radiator or a water pipe etc. You can get the top panel off and its four screws but then the chrome bit removal still cant be done with the full job.
There is a company in Germany doing this complete fit and selling the part LZ parts. Their site has a German speech video on it but its a bit iffy to follow. (see lzparts.de for this) They also do the back door Renault badge too...
What i need now is a UK place that knows how to remove and fit it for me.. Any ideas out there???

ROCAdmin
Site Admin

Postby ROCAdmin » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:42 pm

Weirdly then there is the other half where if there is a problem (doubtful) say with overheating, they may blame the grill. Of course that only carries weight if other items like radiator depends on the region it was sold in.

ROCAdmin
Site Admin

Postby ROCAdmin » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:44 pm

I would expect places to crop up once sales rise. I must admit I have the instructions but don't have the insurance to cover my "backside" if a fault came from following them. Err and no I neither work for Dacia or Renault.

Den

Renault Duster grille

Postby Den » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:02 pm

All useful points but the Renault Grill is exactly the same chrome part , same size and same fixings. Only the actual badge is different. So overheating isnt an issue especially as millions of Dusters have them fitted as standard already around the world...
Till i find a place thats willing to do the bumper off and on job for me i wont be doing the swap.

ROCAdmin
Site Admin

Postby ROCAdmin » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:29 pm

I'm reserving judgement as the parts file for the uk India built duster lists loads of parts that are not the same as mainland European cars. But I've done swaps before when people want to bring older dacia's in and need mph and rhd lights. Sometimes needing to source parts fro South Africa of aftermarket. Personally I had hoped initially we would get the Renault badge from scratch but it was not to be.

Return to “Public For Sale / Wanted”