Tuningkit for Duster

Any registered user can post in this forum
Den

Tuningkit for Duster

Postby Den » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Has anyone any experience of the German marketed Tuningkit product for a Duster? It claims to up the power and mpg by adding a simple inline black box and link cable .... Claims are +28% power and 33% torque...
The seller is ........ for about £150 incl postage for a Diesel 1.5dci one.
It simply plugs in with no power connector needed and comes complete with a linkage cable and connectors. But does it deliver and does it cause any problem is used normally on the road????? Comments please....

ROCAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Tuningkit for Duster

Postby ROCAdmin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:18 am

Looking on various other forums the suggestion is use one of the many uk based companies. Quite a few already exist as this engines been around a while. With the usual notes about telling your insurer. Ps I have had to remove the link as a lot of companies don't like it as having links can negativly effect their search ranking. It's also suggested it may not be good long term for the vehicle and it's likely that it would effect the warranty as it isn't manufacturer approved.

Den

Postby Den » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:25 pm

I bought one from Tuningkit.DE and fitted it in 5 mins flat.It transforms the car. It gives much more punch from a standstill and through the gears generally. So i would say its well worth doing as it gives the car that little bit extra pull like when going uphill or moving off from a standstill. Mid range seems a lot better too. I didnt fit it for boy racing around but more for improved overall power and better performance. It remains to be seen if the MPG figures are bad but i dont intend to cane the vehicle just to do nrmal driving. So far i would say it was well worth doing as it is smoother and less jerky to drive . I used to hate the use of first gear as it only allowed you to start moving till you had to grab second gear. Now thats not the case and it pulls well. I would say it was well worth it for the 160 Euros incl delivery.

ROCAdmin
Site Admin

Postby ROCAdmin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Err generally we do not promote advertising on this site. I'll leave this up as it may be genuine but it seems unusual that anyone who has just bought a car (and they have only been out a month) would be modifying it so soon. I would want more proof on a uk spec vehicle first before I write off my warranty.

Den

Postby Den » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Its genuine and if i can afford the kit and the car i can do what i like to it when i like cant I?
If you have a DCi engined Duster the first gear performance is dire. You have to go to second as soon as its moving. With ths kit you dont and it pulls a lot better too. Its basically down to grunt as the torque figure was 240nm before and its now 312nm and with nearly 140ps it a better bet going up hills too. MY modification is a simple plug in device and cable which is easily removed without tools. There is no trace of the unit once removed which protects my warranty too. I didnt fit it for boy racing just better power range and pull. The original set up is just a bit sluggish and even though i added it on my new vehicle with only 300 miles on it i still see it as worth while and not a problem. You wont see me wheel spinning etc as i am a pensioner!!!!
So to sum up , its quite a good upgrade to the vehicle and i give it my vote on outcome and the price too.

ROCAdmin
Site Admin

Postby ROCAdmin » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:26 pm

I'm not mocking the upgrade just pointing out some possible pitfalls. With years of experience dealing with cars and warranties it's always fair to mention it and possible side effects. Oddly even if removed they often know it's been in as various things are recorded by the ecu and unusual issues can lead them to suspect it. I've even known Renault to analyse oil in a seized engine because they thought it had run dry to mysteriously find the oil in the diesel sump had spent most of it's life in a petrol car.

Den

Postby Den » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Well its been on the car for a couple of weeks now. Its returning mid 50mpg which isnt bad is it? Performance is much better and first gear is no longer a waste of time. Torque is well up and it pulls real well too. So overall a good upgrade and it gives the Duster that little extra puff when its needed such as up hills.

duster_4x4_driver

Postby duster_4x4_driver » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi all just want to say Hi, newbie and all that. 2013 Silver Duster 4WD owner and love it.

Someone may have already mentioned this and I hope none of you mind me pointing out that your insurance company need to be informed and I would not leave it in when you visit the garage for a service as there could be warranty issues at hand.

They are very good and I had a similar device fitted to my Mondeo TDCI. But please bare in mind the above points.

Return to “Public For Sale / Wanted”