Dacia Logan VAN (2007–present)
Dacia Logan Pick-Up (2008–present)
Dacia Sandero (2008–present)
milanko

Dacia Sandero LHD registering in UK

Postby milanko » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi everybody,

I have a problem,

I am in the process of registering dacia sandero 2009 in UK but it failed MOT due to front head lamps being LHD and unfortunatly beam convertors do not work as I was told it is clear headlamp with diferrent style and that only RHD lamps will work...

Can somebody help and suggest what to do? I am unable to buy RHD lamps as they had never been prodiced.

Many Thanks

milansimonides@yahoo.co.uk

ROCAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Dacia Sandero LHD registering in UK

Postby ROCAdmin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:42 pm

This is sadly a common problem on importing. Made worse if you can't get rhd. If you can email me the chassis number to editor@renaultownersclub.com I can see if the lights were common to other cars. These may have been made rhd. For example the first twingo shared lights with a japenese micro car so you can get rhd lamps. Technically even if beam converters were fitted it may still fail depending how you read the rules.

ROCAdmin
Site Admin

Postby ROCAdmin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:44 pm

You may also come accross other issues like the certificate of conformity and speedo in miles.

milanko

Postby milanko » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi thanks for your reply yes you are right I have big difficulties to register Dacia Sandero LHD in UK. It has passed MOT with beam deflectors sort of... but now I was told by DVLA that I need mutual recognition certificate as on my COC certificate stets that my car is only for LHD market.... obviously I will not be able to obtain mutual recognition cert. without UK headlamps and speedo in miles and receipt for work undertaken... I am very upset as I have already registered renault clio and peugeot 307 in the past without any mutual recognition needed and I feel that this is unfair.

I bought this nice car from Romanian guy so I have to register this car on UK plates - Ideal or polish plates as my wife is polish but that will mean that I will put my self at risk being stopped by police in UK and asked why I have not registered this car in UK when I am British citizen well I will need to tell them because of your stupid beaurokracy in DVLA office...I would like to drive legally in UK and pay expensive road tax I do not mind but it looks like this system is not giving me another option just ti drive illegally as I am not going to sell this car.

If you ca suggest what to do or how to find UK's headlamps and speedo I will be very thankful

my Chassis number is : uu1bsdaef40721672

ROCAdmin
Site Admin

Postby ROCAdmin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:18 pm

The big difference with the Clio and Peugeot were that they were sold in the UK. No UK Spec RHD Dacia Sandero existed at the time. There are ways, I've emailed some as RHD do exist in other markets and there is a replacement dial front piece that can be used for the speedo.

Return to “2000-2009”