Duster on order

Dacia Duster (2010–present)
Duster1

Duster on order

Postby Duster1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:35 am

Hi Members :lol:

My Duster is on order :o due date 18th January 2013, I'm counting down and looking forward to getting the car, I hope it's all I expect it to be. I ordered the Access model as it seems like fantastic value, buying the more costly models would defeat the object for me and lots of the additions are unwanted bits of chrome plastic etc. I decided what I didn't want, what I could live without and what could be added with ease, like a radio/cd player. I believe that all cars should have a full size spare wheel by law and also easily changeable light bulbs but hardly any do, so had to go along with it. Dacia have been clever, electric front windows and remote central locking are essential for me, there's not much else that is. I only do about 8k miles per annum so the petrol engine offers me the best economy and it performs well "on paper" It may be quite a while before I've anything else to post but will update as time goes along, by which time there should be someone out there to read it. Hope my 2L diesel Kia Carens keeps going without a hitch for the next 6 months.

All the Best

Duster1

ROCAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Duster on order

Postby ROCAdmin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Good on you, I heard many comments that people expected the buyers to go top spec, but history shows there is a big market for cars that offer just what you need, built with parts that are known to last, and European sales reflect this.

Zazadee

Postby Zazadee » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi All,

May I take this opportunity to wish you the Best of Luck and many miles of safe and happy motoring with your new Duster in the new year!! Good one.

I Took a trip to my Local Renault Dealer to check out the new Duster and must say was very surprise with it,build Quality and fit and finish is of a High Standard and better still the Price is Low .

Looks like I will be getting a new 4x4 Ambiance 1.5dci in White if all go`s well early next year to replace my aging Daihatsu Jeep, for that sort of money you can`t go wrong nothing out there come`s close ,plus with full warranty as standard you can`t beat it..Zazadee.

Zazadee

Postby Zazadee » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi All , Next week my local Renault dealer is having a Test drive day of the New Duster :D !! but I think it`s a LHD model just to show off to people all about the Duster. RHD,s are not available yet in the UK as far as I know at least I have not seen any in the Dealers show rooms yet ,booking I,m told is recommened as demand is likely to be high!! for the demo`s, so I have my place booked in for a run in one with the demo team,never drove a LHD car before should be interesting!! looking forward to see how myself and the Duster gets on in the test drive first impressions and all that,but i`m sure I will not be disapointed going by all you can read about the Duster they are a very capable off roader and built to last ,plus the best bit, the price is very keen!! I hope they have a 1.6 4x4 petrol model to test drive as this is the one I will be most interested in buying as I don`t do high mileage to warrant a Diesel!! basic will do my job just fine as I don`t need or want all these additonal features on the higher spec Dusters . Will let you know how it all went with the test drive .. Zazadee

Zazadee

Postby Zazadee » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi All, I took the test drive of the Duster @ my local Dealer, and must say I was really surprised :o with the Duster it drives great with a high driving position, just found it a little strange sitting on the wrong side and changing gears with my right hand etc, as it was a LHD model but soon got used to it after a few miles down the road, Well pleased with the Duster Build Quality and fit and finish is very good!!, I would recommend if you get a chance to have a test drive when the RHD UK spec models arrive at the Dealers next month "Hopefully". IT sure made my mind up for me and I placed a pre order for an Access 4x4 model. Zazadee.

ROCAdmin
Site Admin

Postby ROCAdmin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Assuming of course that unlike a lot of other countries they sell so well they sell the demonstrators too!

Duster1

Postby Duster1 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi Guys.

I started this thread back in July 2012 and have to admit to cancelling my order, delivery was delayed and I got a cold foot or two. I had only seen a l/h drive model which wasn't road legal at the time, so couldn't have a try. I thought it a bit daft to buy completely blind especially as the vehicle was new to the country, subsequently there have been some issues around the Indian built model.

three and a half years and a serious illness later I bought my Duster Ambiance in pearl black with Protection pack and Spare wheel. it was pre-registered on 24th Dec 2015, I picked it up on 9th Feb 2016 with 15 miles on the clock. I got a great deal and the car is better than I ever expected, I've been in a few crossovers including BMW's, I have to say this is as good as any at twice the price. Ok you loose a few bits and pieces, no air-con but a good heating and ventilating system, no sat-nav in the Ambiance but I just ordered a 7" model on ebay for £30. The 1.5 diesel pulls like a train and indications are that it's very economical, it's not got the stop/start function but I hear that a lot of drivers across the board don't like it and turn it off, makes the lower road tax a bit of a joke. Anyway I'm delighted and laugh at some of my friends who have got 30 or 40 grand rotting away outside in this awful weather.

As long as you're not expecting a racer or a roller you wont be disappointed IMO.

Good luck to all.

Return to “2010-Date”